Brett and I went to our ultrasound with the perinatalogist yesterday afternoon. Good news is that my fluids are good; baby weighs 3 lbs, 11 oz. and measured 31 weeks, 5 days at only 31 weeks, 0 days. So she is growing and developing very well. Other news (which is good news for safety issues), my funneling is very wide again like when I was admitted to the hospital (not good), and the doctor recommended that I stay in the hospital "indefinitely" until this baby arrives. He did not seem to think that she would make it to 36 weeks. He guessed that she might come within the next few weeks based on the ultrasound. So the NICU nurses came and visited with Brett and I about what to expect, etc. Then they took us on a tour of the NICU. To be honest, it was a lot to take in for one day after not feeling well all weekend. But Brett and talked through it and with friends and nurses and things were put into perspective. This baby is in so much better shape now than she was when we arrived her over a month ago. She will need to spend weeks in the NICU before coming home. But the babies are safe and well taken care of there. And she is well worth it all as Brett put it. :)
Tonight the doctor was called b/c of lots of pressure and I was ordered to take a trip to the jacuzi tub. I was very excited as that is what I have wanted since I got pregnant. So that was nice and relaxing until the jets came on unexpectedly and completely scared the baby and I. We recovered and are doing fine though.
And today a couple of my favorite nurses were on and we ordered pizza and had birthday cake to celebrate my birthday since I was feeling better. They sure keep my spirits up.
Thanks to all my friends and family for thinking of me on my birthday. It was great to get all the e-mails, cards, gifts, and the white "baby" rose and balloons. :)
I'll update more when we have more to tell. For now, we are taking it day by day and week by week. We hope this baby continues to be strong and stubborn and does not want to join us for a few more weeks at least. She will let us know when she is ready, I guess.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I didn't know I could leave comments on this!! I have been following along and am very excited that things are going good for you both. You only have a few more weeks and then we can all meet "little miss".
ReplyDeleteI think of you often and miss seeing your smiling face every week.
Take care,
Sarah
Amen to your stubborn little girl! She's waaaay XTREME!!!Keep positive thoughts running through your head and heart. And, for a laugh, think back to all the cat calling in St. Micheal's square! haa! made me giggle.
ReplyDeleteHugs from Chicago