Sunday, February 8, 2009

Feb. 8, 2009

I had lots of visitors this weekend. My friend Karyn from college came to visit from Ohio for the weekend. She even camped out at the hospital with me...what a trooper. Other visitors included: brother and sister-in-laws, nephews, Dalene and Jerry, Kristin, Ross and Brigham., my mother and father-in-law,..and of course Brett every day. I got lasagna brought to me one night and pizza and fudge yesterday...so I'm getting foods I crave too.
Dr. James, my regular OBGYN was here on call all weekend. I had to tease him for being such a stranger. One of my favorite nurses was on all weekend too and hung with us often to entertain and chat. My heparin levels were reduced back to what they were a few days ago after a blooddraw. Other meds and contraction/baby monitoring are the same.
Doctor was optimistic about me carrying this baby for quite a while, but he didn;t want to reduce contraction meds b/c it is working for now.
I have had a few mental down times the last few days, but I think that is to be expected. As my brother says, this is a mental game now like a triathalon and I'm half way through the bike portion. When I hit the end of Feb. and 32 weeks, I'll be transitioning to the run and final legs. Then he laughed and said the finish line is laying a basketball. That's a brother for ya. She will be a prize or light at the end of the tunnel...and well worth the sacrifice. I have always been the competitive type that loves challenges, so I know this little girl and I can handle it. She has her mother;s stubborness and strength...we can tell already.

oh, my Iowa family and grandma Melva sent a gorgeous quilt that they made for the baby. And pictures of Grandma tying the quiilt. Grandma, you look great for 92 years old!! Thank you! We are blessed to have such wonderful family anf friends!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to read positive info! Cant wait to see you this week, ohh goodness have I got tales to tell girl! ha! hugs and kisses from chicago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawna, It was nice to see that things are going stable!!! Keep up the good work. I know it is not fun but you are going to love the results. Take care and talk with you soon. Lisa Guzman

    ReplyDelete