Today we reached our 29 week gestation goal. Now we are shooting for 30 weeks and beyond. :) We had our ultrasound with the high risk doctor today. My cervix has not thinned out anymore and the funneling of amniotic fluid is not as wide of a funnel. So this was great news. I did have a small contraction during the ultrasound that I couldn't feel, but the change in the funneling was not nearly as obvious as 2 weeks ago when we were admitted to the hospital. It was obvious to Brett and I right away that things looked better. The doctor was happy with how I have stabilized and even gave me wheelchair privileges to get out of my room for 30 minutes a day if I continue not to have many contractions. :) Yippeee!! I feel like I got a "get out of jail" ticket. :)
So it was a good day to celebrate for Brett and I. Brett was so excited that as I was getting wheeled back to my room he detoured to find our favorite nurses to tell them I got wheelchair privileges. It's the small things in life that make it exciting and rewarding. So make sure all of you go outside and enjoy the sun and weather...because some people can't. :)
They did not do a growth estimate today. Doctor wanted to wait until I was at 31 weeks (every 4 weeks) to do that, but he said she looked great and my fluid levels were looking good. So all positive stuff. Our baby girl was sleeping during the ultrasound so the doctor gave her a little nudge to wake her up so she would move...and she did. In fact, she gave us a thumbs up...she had her hand in a fist with her thumb up...working its way to her mouth. Too cute. At least it was a thumbs up this time and not the middle finger like she has done in the past. :)
When we asked the doctor what our goal was...he said to carry her as long as I could. He said 32 weeks is our next goal...then beyond.
That's about all for an update today...but a great day with good news for us.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment