Today we are going on "stable" day 5 which is awesome. Brett came to visit and brought me some SuperBowl goodies. His mother and step-father and grandparents also came to visit, as well as a friend from work. On Saturday our aunt and uncle came to visit. Jen (my sister-in-law) came up for a couple hours and painted my toenails. And Brett came up and brought clean laundry and had dinner with me again. It was good to see them all.
I forget what I last posted, so if I repeat myself, I apologize.
We have an NST (Non-stress test) done daily, sometimes more than once to check for the baby's heartbeat escalating appropriately. But our little one has been napping or moving off radar, so we had not been able to meet criteria to pass the tests. So Friday night when Brett was up here having pizza with me, we had an BPP (BioPhysical Profile) ultrasound done for 30 minutes where they check the baby's fine motor movements, gross motor movements, fluid levels, and breathing movements. She passed the fine, gross and fluid levels right away. Then we waited around waiting for her to practice breathing movements for a half hour. Finally, in the last minute she got the hickups which passes as a breathing movement. So she passed that test. This was reassuring to Brett and I. It confirmed that she is doing well and just following doctor's orders for us to take it easy and have boring days. :)
I still have some contractions, but much fewer than in the past. I only have 2-3 a few hours a day, so doctors are not concerned. The key was the right level of medication and to take them on the dot when they are due. So I take my meds often (2am, 4am, 8am, 12noon, 2pm, 4pm, 8pm, 10pm, 12midnight). My most restful time is between 4am and 8am. :)
Well, I'm going to watch the SuperBowl so I don't miss any good commercials. Update you more later.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment