Wednesday, February 25, 2009

32 weeks...safe zone

Well, we made it to the "safe zone" which is awesome! Brett and I are really starting to get excited about this baby girl coming now instead of living in fear day to day.
Tuesday was a good day. It was 65 degrees out and Brett and one of my favorite nurses took me out for a wheelchair ride in the sun. It felt so good to get out and feel the sun. I'm starting to feel like a vampire. So that was spirit lifting for me.
Nothing real exciting medically going on yesterday. Just another day to mark off our calendars. I did have fun laughing often with my favorite nurses back on staff though. We played a few practical jokes on one of them last night. I laughed pretty hard which is always a good feeling. When they get me going, they often tell me "Don't start having contractions. Stop." But it is contagious. Makes me feel alive though to laugh that hard after laying here day after day. If McKayle comes along because of my laughing, then I guess she better have a good sense of humor. :) The final practical joke was at my 4am meds when I squirted my nurse with water from a 12cc syringe in the dark. Needless to say, I was up from 4am on because of laughing making me wide awake. Joke was on me a bit this morning, I guess. :)
Last night a couple friends from work came to visit also to bring baby gifts from coworkers. They are throwing a baby shower for the 4 psychs that are pregnant in our office this afternoon. And I get to join them on Skype...just like Oprah's viewers do. So that will be entertaining. I might have to put on my best outfit, do my hair and wear a fancy hat for this party. :) (Remember, it's the small things in life that keep me going...laughing at myself these days.)
Oh, I have also been honored to receive a secret recipe for "anti-constipation fruit paste" that has been passed down from a nun to one of my doctors. It is "foolproof" she says. So if any of you are in need of some "poop paste" as they call it...or your parents...or your grandparents...I will be happy to share my secret recipe that has been bestowed upon me. You just have to ask.
Well, have a happy, hilarious, fun, exciting Wednesday. I'll update later on my happenings.
Shawna

3 comments:

  1. "Poop paste"...yeah, I need that recipe. Ohh and I think I am going to start calling people poop paste too. thanks for the laugh! love the new picts too! cant wait to get another update!
    hugs from chicago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear Shawna, i am so glad to hear and see that you are doing so well. I have been thinking a lot about you and your baby girl. I was just wondering when would be a good time to come see you????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candice,
    E-mail me at shawnagilbert@yahoo.com. My cell doesn't get service in my room. Good to hear from you.
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete