Sorry that I have not posted for quite a while, since January 2011. I have been so busy...NOT! :) But we have been adjusting to me being on bedrest. I have been on bedrest since January 14, 2011. What is that...62 days already!? The good news is that I have been able to be on bedrest at home this whole time. And I am so thankful for that. My mom and family has been taking wonderful care of me. Kayle has been entertaining me, along with my nieces and nephew. It is rare for a dull moment around here. :) Kayle keeps me entertained by dancing for me, watching movies with me, reading books with me, coloring/drawing with me, cuddling with me, and just being her silly, bossy, confident self. It has been such a blessing to be able to be home with her this winter/spring. I would have never had that opportunity otherwise. And she has adjusted very well to me being in bed and not able to get up with her or carry her. She has learned how to crawl up into my bed, crawl all over me, and get her own snacks/treats if she needs it. :) She is currently working on potty training herself too. :) Of course, my mom, dad, and family all help with her 24/7. But she is an independent little one.
As for how I am doing, I continue to take it one day at a time. I am almost at 24 weeks along. Contractions started for me 2 weeks ago, and doctors put me on a medication to help lessen the contractions. The medication and bedrest continue to work so far. I am visiting the doctor weekly in Nashville for check-ups. And we know that hospitalization is very much probable, but we take it one day/week at a time. My goal is to be able to stay at home until the end of April or May. And my goal for carrying this baby is at least until May (32 weeks gestation). But, like Kayle, this little girl may not want to join us until June or July which would be wonderful. We are prepared for whatever happens.
My ultrasound this week estimated that she already weighs 1 lb, 6 oz. and is at the 68th percentile. So baby is developing just as she should. Kayle has gotten to go to the doctor with me the last couple of times to "see baby sister, mommy tummy." During the ultrasound when the tech was measuring the baby's abdomen, Kayle said "circle head." And when the baby was hiding from us on the ultrasound, Kayle says "baby hiding, BOO!" So she is already playing hide n' seek with her baby sister. Kayle is going to be a great big sister. She already is hugging baby sister in mommy's tummy, talking to baby, and giving her kisses. It is so cute. She brings tears to my eyes often.
That is about all for now. I will try to be better about posting at least weekly. Thank you friends and family that have been thinking of us and praying for us!
Love,
Shawna
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment