Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 2009 Happenings...

The month of August has been busy so far. I took the first week of August off at work so that I could relax a few days and hang with friends. Also, I knew I would need some relaxation time after I completed the Tri for the Cure in Denver on August 2nd. Yes, Jennifer, my sister-in-law and I signed up for the triathlon last year and we were both unable to do it for different reasons. So we signed up again this year to finally complete our goal of finishing the triathlon. It was an amazing experience. I would definitely do it again...but I might train a little more next time. Brett and Kayle came to watch and I was able to give Kayle a big kiss just before I crossed the finish line. After the race Brett, Kayle and I headed up to the family cabin to spend some relaxing time in the mountains. We also took Kayle to see Dr. Albrecht, one of my doctors that helped us along our journey to have Kayle. He was excited to see her.
My college friend, Karyn, came out to visit and spend the weekend with us. So we got to hang out and do some fun things: inner tubing in Lyons, Beau Jo's pizza, shopping, New Belguim brewery, Sierra Trading Post outlet, cooking out, etc.
We also have some more good news...Brett was hired with Yancey's which is a food distributor in town. He will be working in the warehouse and is excited about starting that job on Monday.
I have started back to work as well. Kayle has been going to her new baby sitter already and seems to really enjoy them. We are blessed to have them in our lives to help us care for Kayle.
Kayle's latest news: She weighed in at 12.5 lbs (25%ile) and 24 1/2 in. (60%ile) at her 4 month check up. She is now eating cereal and actually swallowing it. We practiced feeding her cereal for a couple weeks before she learned how to swallow it. Yes, Brad...baby rice cereal...NOT Cornflakes...duh!! Kayle is starting to roll over but not consistently. No teeth yet. She has definitely found her voice and is a blabbermouth. She lays in bed in the morning and talks loudly to daddy until he wakes up. She is also able to stand up in her saucer chair that a couple of her nurses got her.
Her Grandma and Grandpa (Deanna and Jim) moved into their new house this weekend which is closer to us. Kayle is going to enjoy going to spend a day a week with them. And it will be perfect for Brett to drop her off on his way to work and pick her up on the way home. His work is less than 5 minutes from their new house.
That's about all on this end. We'll update more when we have more news.

No comments:

Post a Comment